- The recycling bin is the property of Red Lion Borough and MUST stay at the property if you move!
- Place recyclables at your normal collection site no later than 6AM on your scheduled collection day.
- For information and complaints about your service, call Penn Waste at 717-767-4456 or visit their website.
- Reject purchasing items in excessive packaging; buy those not in a package or in the smallest package possible. Reduce the number of items purchased; only buy those that are needed and will be used. Reuse items that can be repaired.
- Recycle - it is good for you and the community, and it is the law.
- Please know that included in your recyclable items are Paper, Paperboard and Cardboard! Recycle Any Size. Any Quantity. Click here for more information!
The following items MUST be recycled in Red Lion Borough:
(You can also visit Penn Waste's website where you can download their printable recycling guidelines.)
How to Prepare your Metal, Glass & Plastics:
Aluminum beverage cans
Steel food and beverage cans
|GLASS:||Clear, brown and green glass food and beverage containers|
|PLASTICS:||#1 - #7 containers and bottles|
How to Prepare your Paper, Paperboard & Cardboard:
All sizes of cardboard boxes
CLEAN pizza boxes
Food boxes (i.e. cereal & gelatin boxes)
Paperboard juice and milk containers
EMPTY paper towel & toilet paper rolls
Paperboard packaging (i.e. tissue boxes)
Office paper (any color)
Shredded paper (in clear plastic bags, PLEASE!)
Newspapers & inserts
Magazines, catalogs & brochures
Envelopes & junk mail
Phone books & other soft cover books
Cartons (i.e. milk, juice, broth cartons, etc.)
NEEDLES & Medical Waste
(Do NOT place used needles or any other medical waste with recycling!
This is a serious health hazard to everyone!)
|Packing Peanuts||Drinking glasses|
|Broken glass||Windows, mirrors, ceramics||Aluminum foil|
(knives, forks, spoons, etc.)
|Plastic grocery bags||Light bulbs||Plastic bubble wrap|
|Pool chemicals||Food-soiled material||Wet papers or cardboard|
|Plastic food wrappers||Used paper towels or tissues||Styrofoam|
(plastic & metal)