11 East Broadway, P.O. Box 190
Red Lion, PA 17356

Red Lion, Pennsylvania

(717) 244-3475

Red Lion Borough Complaint Form

Pay a ticket online

Report a Street Light


Annual CCR

Click here to download
a copy of
Red Lion Municipal Authority's
Annual Drinking
Water Quality Report.

Search Our Site

Upcoming Events

No events

Frequently Asked Questions

Living in Red Lion Borough

How do I know if I live in Red Lion Borough?

Simply because you have a Red Lion mailing address does not necessarily mean you live in the Borough of Red Lion. The Red Lion Post Office handles mail for Red Lion Borough, parts of Windsor Township and York Township. 

When is your office open?

We are open Monday through Friday from 8 AM - 4:30 PM. We are closed on the following holidays: New Year's Day • Presidents' Day • Memorial Day • July 4th • Labor Day • Thanksgiving Day and the following Friday •  Christmas Eve • Christmas Day.

Can I apply for a handicapped parking space?

Please visit our All Other Forms and Publications page where you can download our Handicapped Parking Policy and Application.

I am elderly and not able to do some household tasks such as rake my leaves and clear the snow and/or ice from my sidewalks.  How can I find someone to help me with this?

The Rent-A-Kid program, sponsored by the York County Area Agency on Aging (YCAAA), is a unique, intergenerational program bringing senior citizens and teenagers together.  York County senior citizens, 60 years of age or older, who need help with household chores, odd jobs, and yard work are matched with a teenager in their area who can assist.  The recommended payment is $5.00 per hour, but is negotiable depending upon the job.

Don't wait until the snow is already on the ground or your grass is knee-high!  Arrange for help with your chores BEFORE you need it.  Call 717-771-9103 or 1-800-632-9073 for information on Rent-A-Kid participants in your area.

Who is your Animal Control Officer?

We contract with Michellee Klugh Animal Control Services. Her phone number is 717-916-1413 or 717-542-3047. Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Building and/or Zoning Permits

How do I apply for a building permit?

Dan Shaw is our Zoning and Codes Enforcement Officer.  You can email him by visiting our Contact Us page.  Visit our Zoning and Building Permits Page for permit information.

Water & Sewer

What are the options for paying my water bill?

Visit the Payment Options section on our Water and Sewer Billing Information page for several payment options.

Why is my water bill higher than normal?

If you cannot think of any reason why you would have used more water than you normally do, it is possible that there is some type of leak in your home.  Please visit the Leak Detection section on the About our Water Meters page.

Yard/Garage Sales

If I want to have a yard or garage sale, must I get a permit?

A permit is required for garage and yard sales. The cost of the permit is $10.00 for two consecutive days.  Yard sales are not allowed to be held on Sundays.  You can have a maximum of 2 such sales per year. Permits are obtained at our office. A maximum of four advertising signs are permitted. Residents must use the signs which are provided by us. These signs may be posted no earlier than 5 days before the first day of the sale and must be removed within 48 hours after the end of the sale. The Borough holds a free Community Yard Sale every June. Check our Calendar for exact dates.

Can I hang signs in the Borough to advertise my yard/garage sale?

Sign permits are required to post a sign advertising your yard/garage sale. You must use our signs which are provided free of charge. There is no charge for this permit.

Sign in the Square

Who is permitted to advertise on the sign in the square?

Non-profit organizations are eligible to use our sign at no cost.  Red Lion Borough and Red Lion Borough organizations have first priority use of the sign, in that order.  

How can I advertise my event on the sign in the square?

Visit the All Other Forms and Publications page where you can download and print our Community Bulletin Board Rules and an Application.

Garbage and Recycling

How can I get another recycling bin?

You can pick up an additional or replacement recycling bin at our office.  There is no charge.  We suggest that you mark your address on your recycling bin with paint or permanent marker to make it easy to identify if it gets misplaced.  You can also use your own container as long as it is clearly marked that it contains RECYCLABLES.

What should I do if I have a large item I need to get rid of?

Please visit our How Should I Dispose of... page for information.

When will my garbage and recycling be collected during a holiday week?

Call Penn Waste, 717-767-4456, or visit their website for holiday trash collection information.

What should I do with my old electronic items?

Visit our How Should I Dispose of... page for information on disposing of your old an unwanted electronic items.

What should I do with my household hazardous waste?

Periodically the York County Solid Waste Authority holds a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day. Visit their website for more information.

Opening a New Business

I am thinking about opening a new business in Red Lion Borough. What do I need to do?

Please visit our Planning, Zoning and Building Permits and Publications page to download "Opening a Business in Red Lion Borough".


Where can I park when I come to your office or when visiting Red Lion Borough?

We do not have a parking lot at our building, but there is metered parking along East and West Broadway and North and South Main Streets.  There is also a metered Municipal Parking Lot located at 33 W. Broadway where you must put money in the kiosk and then display the printed ticket in your vehicle.

When must I put money in the parking meters?

Coins must be deposited in parking meters as follows:

Mondays through Thursdays 9 AM - 6 PM
Fridays 9 AM - 9 PM
Saturdays 9 AM - 6 PM

Sundays are exempt, as are the following Federal Holidays:

New Year's Day • Martin Luther King Day • President's Day • Memorial Day • July 4th • Labor Day • Columbus Day
Veterans' Day • Thanksgiving Day • Christmas Day

Landlord Responsibilities

What are my responsibilities as a landlord?

Please visit the Rental Registration & Inspection page for information.


When are your meetings held?

Our meetings are posted on our Calendar, but here are the general guidelines:

Borough Council Municipal Building 2nd Monday of each month 7 PM
Municipal Authority Municipal Building 4th Wednesday of each month 7 PM
Planning Commission Municipal Building 3rd Monday of each month 7 PM
Zoning Hearing Board Municipal Building 2nd Tuesday of each month, as needed 6 PM
Redevelopment Commission Community Building Last Monday of most months 6 PM
Recreation Commission Community Building Last Monday of most months 7 PM